Unlocking a Parallel job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumarjit
Participant

Unlocking a Parallel job

Post by kumarjit »

Hi,
Is there any other way of unlocking a Datatstage Parallel job than using DS Adminstrator Client ?
Please share your thoughts.
Tried all ways known , but to no avail.

Thanks,
Kumarjit.
Pain is the best teacher, but very few attend his class..
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It does depend upon what sort of a lock you have. The most common cause is a terminated designer session and for this I activate the DataStage lock daemon in the background and that ensures that these types of locks are cleared at most every 15 minutes; instead of playing around with locks and potentially getting rid of the wrong one(s), I just go have a coffee or take a break until the lock is freed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Identify the session ID in the message that informs you that the job is locked.

Open Web Console for Information Server as a suite administrator and open the Session Management menu.

Find the session that owns the lock. If you open the session it will give the identity of the user - contact that user to determine whether they're still using the lock.

Otherwise you can disconnect the session using the tasks menu on the right hand side of the page.

Get a premium membership so that you can read all of this.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.