Search hard code values

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Search hard code values

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

Hi All,

i would like to find the list of jobs where certain hard code values are entered in transformer (in derivation and constraint) and source db2/odbc (in queries) stages..

jobs impacted : server and parallel.

version : both 7.5(windows) and 8.1(unix)

how can i get the list of job names just by giving my hard code values..

Thanks in advance...
Kannan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A query on DS_JOBOBJECTS joined to DS_JOBS should do it. There are plenty of examples here. Use a LIKE operator to check against EVAL "@RECORD" and constrain OLETYPE to 'CTransformerStage'.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot. could you please send me the query.

how could we find from SQL queries. what would be the OLETYPE for ODBC, DB2 and Oracle stages.

shall we describe the tables (i.e column definition) in the universe database? so that it would be easy for me to explore a bit. Thanks again.
Kannan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As noted, search DSXchange for examples. They've been published many times. I prefer to teach you to fish than to give you a fish.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

@Kannan,
How are you ?

If your jobs are not big, then you can export the jobs in .dsx format and open them in a notepad and you can search for your string there.. :)
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
kannan_ayyanar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kannan_ayyanar »

Ray,

i searched in DSXchange, but most of the contents are blocked.

Hi chandra,

i am fine. how r u?

i have around 1000 of jobs in one project, we have around 8 projects. its very difficult.

yes even i tried to export the job in xml and open it in excel, it was easy to apply filter and find. but we can use this for very small number of jobs. we have around 10000 jobs... that s the problem...

so i want to fire the universe tables and get all the details. problem is i am not able to explore the tables in universe database.

do u have any details about those tables?
Kannan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you get a premium membership the content will not be blocked.

At less than Rs12 per day it is a worthwhile investment if you purport to be a developer in any of the Information Server suite products.