Datastage jobs are running currently

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

techiexavier
Participant

Datastage jobs are running currently

Post by techiexavier »

Hi All,
I need to know what are the Datastage jobs (Only DS jobs not other DS processes) are running currently in the server. Is there any possibility to know the same from UNIX command. I need these details for some Admin activities. We are using DS 8x in UNIX server.
I have tried to check with the username in which we run our DS jobs, but I am not able to get exact details. Since it give all the process runs with the Id.
Please let me know how can we get the details..

TIA...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What kind of 'details' are you looking for? You could certainly script something that leverages dsjob for this, looping thru projects then jobs to see which are running.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Hi,
I need details like Project name, Job name, User id (Optional - In which the job is running)...

Can you please tell me, how can we get the details with "dsjob"... I am not able to get details of curretly running jobs.
Thanks!
Xavi
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please go to your client PC where you have the DataStage clients installed, do a search for a program called "dsjob.exe" and execute the command "dsjob -help" in that directory. Alternatively, you could look at the documentation.
Once you have done that and experimented with simple commands such as "dsjob -lprojects" and if you still have questions, then feel free to post them. But please do not expect that others will give you a full solution when it seems that you don't feel like even trying.
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Hi ,
Thanks for the inputs. i have been able to get details with dsjob like all projects in the sever, link details, stage details and job details. Only i am not able to get the details of job that are running currently in the sever, what i actually needed.

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Using dsjob with the -jobinfo option will (among other things) tell you if it is running or not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers