DS Engine log

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Engine log

Post by peep »

How n Where can I view DS Engine logs?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Your question is more complex than you probably realise.

The first issue is that there's no process, therefore no log, for the DataStage Engine. Each job has its own, individual, log which you can read using the Director client.

Other parts of the Information Server suite, such as the application server and the node agent, have their own logs. So that we don't waste a whole lot of time on these, what specifically do you want to find out from the logs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
peep
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peep »

developers was running job and we had page spacing issue and it took the whole space.

is there any solution to it ? how to solve the issue?

secondly I am trying to view the Ds engin log so that I can see where the error could be.. where can I find the ds engine log ?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Peep - as has already been mentioned, there is no single log, you need to look at the log of the job in question, starting with the director log.
"page spacing issue" is rather vague - did you actually run out of page/swap space? Or temporary disk space? Or disk space? Is the paging area(s) large enough?
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

What flavor of Unix is being used? There are one or two O/S's which can allocate a large amount of paging/swap space when running DS parallel jobs (due to how the O/S operates).

Resolving will depend upon understanding what the issue is (as ArndW said--"paging space issue" is quite vague) and determining it's cause through analysis of system monitoring and examining what DataStage jobs were running and how. Job logs (and/or the DS Operations Console if you're using IS 8.7) will need to be examined.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.