Parallel job is not running

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

alexcol
Participant

Parallel job is not running

Post by alexcol »

Good evening

Im a beginner with datastage and i need your help please with this scenario
In a produccion system in a project A there are hundred of jobs, and when the processes starts ad midnight, everthing seem to be all right since those proesses are monitored throuh a thirdy party schedule tool like autosys.

the problem arose because all process finished succes in autosysy but monitoring in Director we found that sequnces jobs worked fine but parallel job didnt run SO the bad thing is the data was not loaded.

Acording to the above scenarios ive got 2 qustions:

1. what could cause the parrallel jobs didnt run (we were poking around and it may have something to do with a service that didnt start when restarting services ? is there another theory ?

2. Is there a way to identify which parallel jobs didn run throuh the repository or a query because there are hundreds of them

I appreciate ypur help

:?:
ALEJO
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Parallel job is not running

Post by SURA »

alexcol wrote:1. what could cause the parrallel jobs didnt run (we were poking around and it may have something to do with a service that didnt start when restarting services ? is there another theory ?
What do you mean Parallel job didn't run?

Job didn't run in parallel / PX job didn't run and only server jobs ran!
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

You most likely kicked off your job via a sequencer. Go look at the Sequencer to see if you have any conditional logic that would have not met the right conditions to trigger the job.
alexcol
Participant

Post by alexcol »

1.PX job didn't run and only sequence jobs ran!

In the sceneraio i mentioned in a daily basis sequence job run and then PX jobs run but this time something wrong was going on because the majority of PX jobs didnt run only the Sequence jobs ran

Id appreciate your help in advance
ALEJO
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the job log for the sequence. Were job run requests for the parallel jobs even issued? If not, something in the logic of the sequence is preventing that. If they were, check the job logs of the parallel jobs themselves.

Tip: you can jump to these from the log of the sequence; on the job run request event right click and choose "View related log".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Are you a GRID shop?
gooogle
Participant

Re: Parallel job is not running

Post by gooogle »

I had a similar situation where the sequence would run but the parallel job wont.

Check the sequence's job log in detail, especially warnings or fatal errors.

I found my problem in the log.