Project move to another server

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deepak.hsbc
Participant

Project move to another server

Post by deepak.hsbc »

Part of data center separation,We are moving everything from server_old to server_new and this is what I am doing -

1)Copying all file system from server_old to server_new.
2)Starting the engine on server_new
3)Verified everything okay and permissions are all good
4)I am able to log-in and run the jobs,no issues reported.

Everything is fine upto this part and I dont think any additional steps are needed here.

But,When i log in to the DS version control and i select "Project window" a window show up and i put credientials of server_new and after login it still takes me the project window of server_old .This is strange and I am not able to get rid of this.

I searched and tried many option like
REINDEX ALL,VERIFY.SQL,CLEAN.FILE etcd..in fact I did everything that i found here.

I noted one thing,when i LOGTO PROJECT and select * from uv.account i see the entry of server_old..this is strange !!

Any pointers ?
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And, in short, you didn't understand what you were doing.

This is not the correct procedure for moving to a new server. By copying all file system objects, you are preserving all entries that refer to the old server (as you discovered).

The correct procedure is to export all projects, install and configure Information Server on the new server, create the projects afresh there, import all projects (the ones you want to keep, anyway), then uninstall from the old server.

There are some files you do need to move manually; which ones will depend on which export tool you've used and whether you created directories within projects for Information Server Manager to manage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deepak.hsbc
Participant

Post by deepak.hsbc »

Can you tell me the correct procedure ?

PS:I dont have premeium membership :)
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I did tell you the correct procedure.

PS: Can you get premium membership?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.