List of stages in a job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

List of stages in a job

Post by dr.murthy »

Hi All,

I have an small requirement to identify the list of the stages that used in a jobs across the project.

is there any way to achieve this ?? instead of doing the manual process, since i have a more than 5000 jobs.

Thanks in advance
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsjob [ options ] -lstages projectname jobname

Wrap in a loop governed by dsjob [ options ] -ljobs projectname
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

Thanks ray,

I just wanted to generate a report which contain list of the job names and folder where the pivot stage was used.
can i get this info by using above ds command
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. But, then, I answered the question you asked.

The new question has an even easier answer. Select the Pivot stage in the Repository and perform a "where used" analysis (also known as an "impact" analysis). DataStage itself will give you your list.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

IF you followed naming conventions for Jobs and Stages in a Project.You can filter Using grep command after finding the stages in a Job

@RAY

Please let me know "where used" analysis option in Datastage Repositary
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Naming conventions? Ha! :wink:

Where Used was (and I assume still is) a toolbar icon that becomes active when an object is selected. It looks like a flask from a chemistry set from what I recall. Might even be a right-click option now for all I know. Really shouldn't be all that hard to find.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

'Where used" is also one of the options available within Advanced Find (The magnifier-glass-icon on the tool-bar). There are diverse other options available there.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

chulett wrote:Naming conventions? Ha! :wink:

Where Used was (and I assume still is) a toolbar icon that becomes active when an object is selected. It looks like a flask from a chemistry set from what I recall. Might even be a right-click option now for all I know. Really shouldn't be all that hard to find.
The flask icon was only in the Manager client, which no longer exists. These days it's ONLY a right click option.

For this particular question naming conventions are irrelevant - the usage is being reported for the stage type irrespective of how it's named. It can be called directly via right click on the stage type - it doesn't have to be called from within Advanced Find (though that works too).