Invocation IDs and output file name

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pdntsap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Invocation IDs and output file name

Post by pdntsap »

Hello,
We need to run a sequence of jobs and each job in the sequence has to be run for different parameters. The sequence need not be run in parallel and can be run one after the other for different parameters. We would like to append the parameter to the output file name after each job in the sequence completes so that after the complete run we have different sets of output files corresponding to the different parameters. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's a macro for the Invocation ID - something like DSJobInvocationID off the top of my head, check the docs to get the proper name. Not sure I'm following but if you want to use an Invocation ID in an output filename, that macro will fulfill that requirement.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pdntsap
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pdntsap »

Thanks Craig. I will look into the DSJobInvocationID macro. But , I guess my membership has expired and I am not able to look at your full post.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All the important information is in the part you can see. But do renew - it helps keep DSXchange going.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.