8.7 Installation with Firewall Up

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rosecity
Participant

8.7 Installation with Firewall Up

Post by rosecity »

Hello,

I plan on installing 8.7 on a Red Hat machine. Has anyone done a Linux installation without taking the firewall down and any install issues?

Would you happen to have any tips to avoid a failed installation?

I cannot think of doing anything different other than ensuring all ports used by IIS/WAS/DB2 are open. All three tiers will be installed on one machine.

Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The installation script reminds you to stop the firewall.

That should tell you something.

You might try installing with the firewall running, but you must first identify every possible port number that Information Server or any of its components may use, and on which tier(s), and open those ports. Only then might it work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rosecity
Participant

Post by rosecity »

Would the response file be the best place to get all of the port numbers used for our installation?
rosecity
Participant

Post by rosecity »

I was able to successfully install DataStage with the firewall up. The only ports which were required to be open for installation were:

1) 22 (SSH)
2) 8084

I then opened the remaining required ports for the client to work and it appears to be functioning correctly for now.

Also should note that the installation took noticeably longer than an installation with the firewall down.