how to callback to DS to get its Recent job ouput

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to callback to DS to get its Recent job ouput

Post by WBlaustein »

Hello Everyone,
I have a scenario, whenever my job finishes it execution it has to output its Log (with any warning or Errors exitsts in that job). How to achieve this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

After job subroutine would be my preferred mechanism. That way you can use DSJ.ME as the job handle. The only downside is you have to fake the "job finished" message based on DSJ.JOBINTERIMSTATUS.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

Can you Explain me in more Details!!!
How to call that DSJ.ME function in After/Before Job Rioutines, i didn't seen those king of routines in that drop down list.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSJ.ME is a DataStage constant that you would use in the routine code itself, for example in calls to functions such as DSGetJobInfo().

You will need to create and compile the routine - it's not there by default. Create a new server routine and make its type "before/after subroutine".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And you'll need to leverage the various "DSGet" functions, depending on exactly what you need to do. Speaking of which, can you expand a teeny bit on what "output its log" means? For example - outputs in what format, to where? To what purpose?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

Standard output ( eigther in a text file or in command line) purpose is to When ever a job successfully completed we need to store those logs in Tivoli Scheduler Repository for the associated job.