8.1 Problem with Oracle Connector GUI (properties panel)

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

andresfe
Participant

8.1 Problem with Oracle Connector GUI (properties panel)

Post by andresfe »

Hello, right now I need to use the Oracle Connector stage (DataStage 8.1) but when I'm going to configure it's properties it almost always show me a slightly useless GUI, a few times other panel is shown (the right one) but I don't know how to do it (I haven't found a pattern, Job and other properties are always the same)

Example: (Yellow is the one that I need)
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9Axwd ... E1HWkNNWUk

Thanks for your help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That looks like the old 'Grid View' that (for other stages) was available via one of the right-click options. Sometimes we've seen that due to a lack of memory on the client, if you close everything out and perhaps even reboot your PC does the problem go away?

Do others have this same issue or just you?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Click on the appropriate part of the picture in the top left hand corner of the Connector stage editor. This will select either the stage properties or one of the link properties, which will be highlighted in yellow. Once you've done that, the properties grid applies to that stage/link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
andresfe
Participant

Post by andresfe »

chulett wrote:That looks like the old 'Grid View' that (for other stages) was available via one of the right-click options...
Yes, this happens with others too, no matter if the only thing running is DataStage (even after rebooting). We are accessing through a VPN to a server (where DataStage is running).

ray.wurlod wrote:Click on the appropriate part of the picture in the top left hand corner of the Connector stage editor. This will select either the stage properties or one of the link properties, which will be highl ...
I can't see your full answer (I think), as I can see, your suggestion is to see the Output label in the old 'Grid View', but this label doesn't have all the options like the one that let me write my own SQL statement

Output Label
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9Axwd ... XpzUHRkQ3M

I've just tried with other database Connectors and the same happens with all of them.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How much real memory (RAM) does your client machine have?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
andresfe
Participant

Post by andresfe »

RAM = 1,93 GB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So I'm assuming that means 2GB of physical RAM? If that's the case, you really should have twice that.
-craig

andresfe
Participant

Post by andresfe »

We've already tried with another machine with 8GB... our guess is that it's it is because of the application that connects to the server, we asked those who work locally and they don't have that problem.

We use CITRIX Access Gateway (Maybe it puts limits to the resources used by DataStage)

Thank you for your attention and quick responses.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

8GB... what operating system are you running the client on?
-craig

andresfe
Participant

Post by andresfe »

(2 GB Ram) -> Win XP, Vista, 7
(8 GB Ram) -> Win 7
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

I got the exact same problem on 2 distant servers (RDP) which are xp and server 2003. They have 6GB and 12GB of ram on each.
Another 2003 server with 6GB of ram is displaying well my stage properties. Clients are installed with the same version.

Eric
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One question in my mind: is the 8.1 client officially supported on any operating system other than XP? Also, if this is some kind of bug in the GUI, I would imagine by now there would be a patch / fix pack available for it - did either of you check with your official support provider?
-craig

Obiwon666
Participant

Post by Obiwon666 »

I've got the same pb recently, it was a conflict with dll called "ExGrid.dll".

In my case.
The software HP Quality Center load his own version of this libray and so DataStage Client use it and show a weird pane.
bashbal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bashbal »

I also was experiencing the same problem with 8.5 FP2. I resolved the issue with the following IBM tech note: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21450055

I only did options 3a & 3b because my client machine is XP and not Vista or Win 7.
Lyle