Datastage director job scheduling issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhik05
Participant

Datastage director job scheduling issue

Post by abhik05 »

We are working on datastage v8.7 installed on linux server.

We are trying to schedule jobs/sequences from datastage director.But the scheduled jobs or sequence are not getting triggered at all.

We have check in the server we have access issuing crontab commands for that particular user.But in case of director job scheduling the "crontab -l" command does not show the job or sequence details.

Please suggest.
AD
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are these 'repeating' schedules? If so the Director will create an entry in cron for the job. If these are 'one off' jobs that run once at a specific date/time then they will be scheduled using at.

Do the jobs show as being 'Scheduled' in the Director? It seems like you understand this but you need to check logged in as the user that did the scheduling otherwise they will not show as scheduled... but they should still run.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abhik05
Participant

Post by abhik05 »

Thanks Chulett for replying.

I have schedule one job to run at particular time and another job to be run daily.In director I can see also that this jobs scheduled at mentioned time.
But in linux server ,using 'crontab -l' or 'atq' command ,cant see any entries against that user.Also the jobs are not getting triggered at all at specified times.

Is there any step I am missing in between?Please help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, there's no other step needed. If it shows as 'Scheduled' then that means it can find the crontab entry, not sure why it is not showing for you when you check using the same userid. :?

About all I can suggest at this point is to contact your official support provider and see if they know what's going on.
-craig

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

I hope you already know it. Just in case if you have missed it.

Since you are using 8.x version, the credential mapping may be different from the actual user. I would suggest you to check the credential mapping first and find out which unix user your datastage user is mapped to. then check crontab and atq from that user.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah yes, forgot about that little nuance...
-craig