Job not showing up in Director

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Cheintze
Participant

Job not showing up in Director

Post by Cheintze »

We have a sequence job that was designed in DS Designer named D320_Court_Load_Seq. It consists of 3 jobs -- 1 to extract, one to load to a staging table (in DB2), then the 3rd loads to our production DB2.

The problem is that the 2nd job is not showing up at all in DS Director. It is there in the designer - and when I try to run the job, I get the following error:

Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DB2_DW
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

I'm not sure what to do - or what I'm missing and I'm pretty inexperienced, so any help would be appreciated. The more detailed, the better!

Thanks in advance,

Clay
Clay Heintze
IT-MC
La. Dept of Corrs.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you able to re-compile the 2nd job in Designer? If so, does it then show up in Director?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Cheintze
Participant

Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5);

Post by Cheintze »

Yes, I was able to recompile the 2nd job and it shows up now in Director, however when I try to run the job, I'm still getting the same error message.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DB2_DW
Clay Heintze
IT-MC
La. Dept of Corrs.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounded like your repositories (there are two) were not in sync and may still not be... that or there is some element of corruption there. Best to get your official support provider involved for help with that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Job not showing up in Director

Post by PhilHibbs »

Cheintze wrote:Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DB2_DW
Usually when I get "check DataStage is set up correctly", it is cured by quitting the client program and connecting again. If this is not fixing it for you, then indeed you have a problem in your project, you could try bouncing the DataStage engine, failing that as Craig says, get on the red telephone.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
rmcclure
Participant

Post by rmcclure »

You can also try exporting the job, deleting it from Designer then re-importing.
rprajput
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rprajput »

As mentioned by Phil, quitting the client and reconnecting should resolve the issue but also make sure that you are not running out of memory on the box.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Contacting the Service Provider is the best way. Though you can give a try by reindex may solve some time!
Thanks
Ram
----------------------------------
Revealing your ignorance is fine, because you get a chance to learn.