Unable to connect to Datastage Server through DS Client

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to connect to Datastage Server through DS Client

Post by ashishm »

Hi,

I installed the Information Server on a virtual Machine hosted by CentOS 5, now after I start the server and try to connect to it through the DS client, it gives me the following error

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://localhost.localdomain:2825". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

In my local laptop, I add the line "192.168.163.134 localhost.localdomain" to the hosts file.

In the Information Server's /etc/hosts file, it looks like following:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
192.168.163.134 localhost.localdomain

Can anyone help me on this problem? Thanks in advance
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I had to search on that one... and found "CentOS developers use Red Hat's source code to create a final product very similar to Red Hat Enterprise Linux."

If your exact OS and hardware (system requirements) are not listed on the IBM web site then you can expect to have problems that no amount of hacking or tweaking will resolve.

I don't know anything about CentOS, but if it's "similar to" RHEL, then it's not RHEL. I don't think it would be supported. If you think it is, then please contact IBM Support and let me know what they tell you.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius