Passing values from job parameter

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

phanikumar
Participant

Passing values from job parameter

Post by phanikumar »

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need to run my job by passing values from the parameter during run time. In this instance I have ten different values that must be defined the Job parameter and I will be running with all the values at once or each one at a time.Can some let me know how can we define multiple values in job parameter.

Regards

Kumar
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

If you are asking about a multi-instance job, those can be parameterized and run many instances simultaneously with different parameter values or even same values all at once or in sequence. It sounds like your question may be slightly different. If so, can you give an example?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Passing values from job parameter

Post by chulett »

phanikumar wrote:I will be running with all the values at once or each one at a time.
So... which is it?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not really sure what you're asking. The traditional way to pass multiple values via a single parameter is to use a String parameter and pass a delimited string of those values. The better way may be to use multiple parameters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.