How to read email id from Parameter file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

John Daniel
Participant

How to read email id from Parameter file

Post by John Daniel »

Hi DS Guru's

Have a challenge !!!
I'm facing over here.

I'm using one job level parameter file Like this:

Parameter Name , Prompt, Type , Defacult Value
EMAIL_ID_LIST, Enter email list, string, /dv/abac/DEFG/paramcd/email_params.txt

Values In : Email_params.txt
abcd.efecg@gmail.com, efcd.aeac@somwhere.com

I'm using this parameter in Notification Activity of Receipient Email address

I'm not able to get the emails about the jobs status after successful completion

How to use this ??

Want to keep the email id's in parameter file from there have to send the job status ....
Please help me in this.

Error Message:
stg_control_Seq_I_37895000_530.sh
*** Output from command was: ***
/home/ds_entprs/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/ds_entprs/dead.letter

The following parameters in the call to DSSendMail were not mentioned in the file 'dssendmail_template.txt': server
Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.

Here is my concern !!

Want the values which are available in parameter file should come to 'Receipient Email address' Field at run time......How can i do this ?

John
Last edited by John Daniel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi

I hope you confused with so many options.

If you are using Notification Activity just send the value as parameter how you are sending other parameters for Job Sequence.

Are you reading email parameter from the script ? if Yes then very simple just send as whole 'abcd.efecg@gmail.com, efcd.aeac@somwhere.com ' into Job Sequence and then use it in Notification Activity.

Thanks
Man
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error message suggests that you have not provided a value for Server in the Notification activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Some servers, like my current one, are setup so that email works even when the email server field is left blank. I guess yours requires a server value.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure what is making people think the email server is required, but then the original post has been edited. I've never seen a UNIX server that needed it. [shrug]

You get something in dead.letter when it is undeliverable for whatever reason. I'm assuming here it is because you're not getting the email address where it needs to be, that or it is not in the proper format. If you think you are referencing the job parameter correctly, what happens if you cut the parameter value back to a single address? Does it work then?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

At a past location with UNIX servers, mail would fail without a proper SMTP server name in that field because of the way the good ol' email folks setup the company's internal mail servers... It is typical behavior for paranoid security people, you know, change every default!
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius