finding unix shell scripts used in datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

finding unix shell scripts used in datastage

Post by Maximus_Jack »

Hi
we have a project which has more than 450 jobs, i need to find which jobs are using a shell script inside them, mostly all the unix scripts are called from the external source stage and all the scripts ends with ".sh" extension, so is there
any easy way to find the names of those scripts.

cheers
max
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO IN (SELECT OBJIDNO FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE EVAL "@RECORD" LIKE '%.sh%');
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Maximus_Jack »

thanks ray, i googled and tried in this site as well, but couldnt find any substantial documents regarding the datastage tables (ds_jobs, etc), is there
anywhere i can find one? and one more question, in what database these tables are constructed?

cheers
karthy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no public domain documentation. These tables were originally built using the UniVerse RDBMS (the original engine for DataStage). When IBM purchased UniVerse but had not yet purchased DataStage, the two engines shared the same code base, and have diverged only a little since. UniVerse RDBMS is now owned and marketed by Rocket Software.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
_Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by _Mike »

thanks ray, so is there any way to learn about these things?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really. I come from a UniVerse background, so that helps. I worked for the vendor who created DataStage, which helped a lot. It has always been the vendors' decision not to publish details of the underlying engine databases.
Maximus_Jack
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Maximus_Jack »

:(

why dont you write some paper on this :roll:

thanks ray.. for your response..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Time poor, plus anything I write belongs to my employer, so there's no financial incentive either.
vamsi.4a6
Participant

Post by vamsi.4a6 »

ray.wurlod wrote:

Code: Select all

SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO IN (SELECT OBJIDNO FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE EVAL "@RECORD" LIKE '%.sh%');
Could You please clarify what is meant by EVAL and @RECORD in the above query?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

EVAL introduces an in-line expression.
@RECORD is a system variable that contains the entire record as a single delimited string.