Utility to convert datastage code between .dsx and .xml

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrinu
Participant

Utility to convert datastage code between .dsx and .xml

Post by ysrinu »

Hi, we are using Datastage 7.5.2 and our jobs are mainly Server jobs,
and we export/import files as .dsx
(job design code only, not executable)

Now, i have to check the code and make changes based on some rules and i want to automate this by using a custom written program to edit the .dsx files (instead of manually editing every job in the datastage designer)

I could write a parser for the .dsx file but it's get tedious to edit as it's mainly forward-only parse
Instead i can query and update .xml files

The issue is that we can only promote the datastage code through version control as .dsx files (because of the process we have in place)

For my 'correcting' program, i want to take the .dsx file, convert into xml, then check/update the .xml file and then convert this updated file back to .dsx format, that's good for promotion.

Now, is there a datastage utility to convert between .dsx and .xml files to make this possible?

Thanks,
-srinivas yelamanchili
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

None of which I'm aware, but I'm certain you could work it out by comparing DSX and XML exports of the same components.

The real question is why?

When you import from an XML file it is converted on the fly to DSX then the import reads from that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

I've seen a XML2DSX application in the InformationServer\Clients\Classic folder that could help you to convert your jobs.

Let us know if it does the job.

Regards,
Eric