how to use DSJobInvocationId

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to use DSJobInvocationId

Post by ashishm »

Hi,

I have a User Variable Activity Stage in a Sequence job, which is using the DSJobInvocationId. My question is how to pass a value to DSJobInvocationId when I run that Sequence job. For example, the Sequence job name is S1. Thank you.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't pass the value directly to DSJobInvocationId because this is a macro that invokes the DSGetJobInfo() function. The invocation ID is set when a multi-instance job is submitted for running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ashishm »

Thanks, so in our project, I see in the scheduler, the sequence job S1 is called as S1.<some text>, and looks like the DSJobInvocationId will pick up the value of <some text>, I just want to know whether this is the only way we can assign our own value to DSJobInvocationId?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're using dsjob then, yes, this is the only way. If the job was started from a client tool, such as Director or Designer, the Invocation ID has its own field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ashishm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ashishm »

Thank you, Ray