Unable to install datastage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iskapalli
Participant

Unable to install datastage

Post by iskapalli »

Hi,

While installing data stage 8.5 version on linux. we are getting below error.

FAIL - The required operating system libraries must be installed for IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment.
Details:
PASSED: CDIPR2112I: Ensure that the required package compat-libstdc++-33 32bit is installed.

PASSED: CDIPR2112I: Ensure that the required package compat-libstdc++-33 64bit is installed.

WARNING: CDIPR2112I: Ensure that the required package libXp 32bit is installed.

WARNING: CDIPR2112I: Ensure that the required package libXp 64bit is installed.

Please do needful.
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Typically on operating-systems like AIX or Windows You will not see messages like these.
But there are so many Linux-distributions in the market, that it is almost impossible to guess which packages will already be present on the system to be installed.

libXp (in 32- and 64-bit versions) are prerequisite packages. Find the packages on the web, install them and retry the prerequisite-check. You can do this while the installer is still running (so You do not have to run through the complete procedure of specifying the details of Your installation, because You won't be able to save Your response-file as long as You've got errors in the prerequisite check).
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are some RPMs that have to be installed on Linux. These are listed in the on-line documentation (Information Center) and referred to in the Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.