Complier and SDK

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Complier and SDK

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm planning an installation of Information Server 8.7 on Windows Server 2008 (64-bit).

Has anyone done this yet and, if so, which version of the Microsoft Windows SDK did you use? This one (for example) has three different ISOs to download, but none of them appears to relate to 64-bit operating system.

On a side issue, which version of the compiler do you prefer?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sparq
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sparq »

Since DataStage requires .Net 4, I would use this Windows SDK (Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4)
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=8279

I would also suggest to install Visual Studio 2010 followed by the Windows SDK (link above).

Don't forget to add the INCLUDE and LIB environment variables.
These variables should point to the Windows SDK path.

Krisztian
babaojo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Complier and SDK

Post by babaojo »

Hey Ray:
Wondering if you got a solution for the above; and if you could share your findings. Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We installed:
  • .NET Framework 4.0 sp1 (64-bit version) plus Knowledge Base components KB2468871 and KB2478663 and KB2518870

.NET Framework 3.5.1 because it is required by the Platform SDK

SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 sp1 selecting Developer Tools as an installation option (compiler)

Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0 sp2
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.