Search inside a Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Search inside a Stage

Post by harshada »

I have ODBC stages (both server and parallel jobs) and there are stored procedures being called in them. I want to use the search facility to find for a stored procedure used in these ODBC stages. The quick find or advanced search (if all types are selected) does not search and give the job/stage if searched for.

Can the search facility introduced in 8.X versions do a find of something INSIDE stages, for eg search for stored proc 'xyz' inside the ODBC stage in a folder under all jobs?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not unless you happen to have mentioned the name of the shared procedure in the description field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
harshada
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by harshada »

Ray,

So if this stored proc is not mentioned in description is there no other way to find the jobs using this stored proc?

Is there anything available as 'grep' in unix which is powerful enough to search for any string inside the jobs? What does DataStage offer if we need to do this kind of a search
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage itself offers nothing. Some posters on DSXchange have created generic reporting off the local repository which may provide some guidance. In your case you'd be specifically interested in a query against the DS_JOBOBJECTS table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.