Installation of 8.1 problem

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Installation of 8.1 problem

Post by hsahay »

Hi,

I cannot install Datastage 8.1 because the screen
Product Module and Component Selection does not show any products. Therefore I cannot select products for installation. When I try to select next without selecting products I get an error message from the installer saying 'You must select at least one product for installation'

Please HELP ME! It is critical that I get this installation going because I have a production job that I need to run manually.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Shari
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Shari,

I believe you may need a license file, that you will have to get from IBM, prior to installing 8.1. At 8.5 this goes away.

You might want to check Passport Advantage to see if the license file is stored out there, if not, you'll need to contact customer service or your sales rep to get one.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Installation of 8.1 problem

Post by SURA »

It is the licence issue / licence file issue.

check both.

DS User
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

hi !

thanks for your response.

I just wanted to mention i am trying to install the windows client.

I am not aware of any license file requirement for installing the client. Where is this license file supposed to be ? Other people in my group have simply been able to unzip the client installation zip file and execute the install.exe without any issues.
vishal