Is there any way to find non-api stage is used?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dssubhani
Participant

Is there any way to find non-api stage is used?

Post by dssubhani »

Hi All,

How can we find non-api stage in pirtuclar job

Is there any way to find non-api stage is used in job?

Thanks in advance,
Subhani
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What precisely do you mean by "non-api stage"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssubhani
Participant

server jobs

Post by dssubhani »

ray.wurlod wrote:What precisely do you mean by "non-api stage"? ...
Let me know is there any api stage and non-api stage are there in datastage server jobs or parallel jobs?

Thanks for u r valuble time.

Thanks, in advance....
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have no idea what you mean by that term, which is why I asked you to explain it. You have not done so.

And a guaranteed way to annoy me intensely is to use "u" instead of "you" and "r" instead of "are"!
:evil:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Technically every stage in version 7 server edition is an API stage, because every single stage is written to comply with the DataStage plug-in API. Documentation exists for this API, which means it's perfectly possible to create your own stage types including metadata management capability and view data functionality. Visual C++ is the language of choice for custom client stage editors.

The API treats the stage as an object. The stage has its own methods, created by its author and inaccessible to users. Stages are "programmed" by providing values for the properties of the object.