Jobs appear in director after deleting in designer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snehal15101982
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs appear in director after deleting in designer

Post by snehal15101982 »

I tried deleted some jobs and sequences from designer.But they appear in director.When I delete the job from director>it gives error telling that the Job cannot be found in repository. How do I delete jobs in director and designer both ( I need to synchronize both director and designer).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Let's start with the simple things first. Have you closed out and then re-opened the Director since you deleted the jobs in the Designer? Just wanted to ensure the Director had a chance to properly 'refresh' its list. It should happen automatically without needing that step, but still needs to be asked.

I'd also be curious if you had any issues deleting the jobs, any out of the ordinary messages when you did?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
snehal15101982
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snehal15101982 »

I have refreshed the director and also have opened the new director connection to see the remainder jobs.But no luck.Still the deleted jobs appear in the director.
When I try deleting it from designer I get error

Unable to delete the items .Delete object for \$Job_path\$Jobname failed Error calling Subroutine DSR_JOB(Action=3) Check Datastage is set up correctly for the $Project_name.

The Job however disappears from designer but remains in director.
Another workaround that I tried is got the job number from ds_jobs and then deleted RT_CONFIG,RT_LOG,RT_BP.O,RT_BP,DS_TEMP,RT_SC,RT_STATUS for that job number and also deleted the job from DS_JOBS using command line in admin client.This worked out well.Job got deleted from designer as well as director.
I have to delete huge number of jobs so it is very tedious to do this manually for all jobs.Is there a way where i can synchronize both director and designer?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You do not want to be in there manually deleting anything from the old repository. I sincerely doubt it will "work out well" if you continue down that path. I strongly suggest you stop doing that.

What exact 8.x version do you have? Are you current on your fixpacks? In the 8.x world there are two repositories now, the one you're used to plus the relational XMETA repository. When (for whatever reason) they get out of sync you'll see issues like this. You really should be contacting your official support provider and letting them know you are having issues. They'll provide for you the proper mechanism to get things back in sync... and figure out why things are broken at the moment.
-craig

snehal15101982
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snehal15101982 »

Thanks Craig for your reply.We are using 8.1 and have all the fixpacks that IBM has suggested installed.
Can you suggest any other solution that I can try before going to IBM support.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope, that is your next step IMHO. I'd also suggest you do not delete anything else until this is resolved.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be worth re-indexing your repository using the DS.REINDEX ALL command. Search DSXchange for details of how to use this command. In particular make very sure that you have exclusive access to the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Pacific007
Participant

Re: Jobs appear in director after deleting in designer

Post by Pacific007 »

I also faced this problem long back. But that got resolved I have to recall how? I think all the users have to restart there director.
Pacific
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

However, you'll notice in the replies that they've already tried that with no success.
-craig

snehal15101982
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snehal15101982 »

ray.wurlod wrote:It might be worth re-indexing your repository using the DS.REINDEX ALL command. Search DSXchange for details of how to use this command. In particular make very sure that you have exclusive access to the project.
We did the REINDEXING for that project.But no luck :cry: .
However have raised PMR with IBM.
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Try to find is there is any defunct process is running for this job!!

If possible bounce the server.

Just a try!!

DS User
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by deployDS »

In 8.1 there is an option to write the logs to the File system instead of the repository, are you using logging to the file system? If yes then this could be the source of the issue. workaround would be to delete the jobs from Director.