dsjob on v 8.5

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dxwwq557
Participant

dsjob on v 8.5

Post by dxwwq557 »

hi all,

1.I face a miracle (actully a trouble) I use the dsjob to show the projects. when I use the command on v8.5 it always send a error code 81005or 80011 But when I try it on v7.5 it runs ok and I want to use dsjob on v8.5 and the statement as below

Code: Select all

dsjob  -user dsadm -password dsadm -server ds_server_name -lprojects
2.and another question: this seems a stupid question, my project name format as below
XXXX/xxxx

Maybe this caseed the problem 1.

So need ur help with this problem

regards
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

and I also try dsadmin command but it still not work~
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For 8.x you need to add the -domain option to the command from what I recall.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Check the documentation for correct syntax.Aditionally if you logon to your unix server as dsadm user, you need not to specify user name and password for dsadm while running the dsjob
Arvind
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

dsjob -server servername:portnumber  -user dsadm -password dsadmpassword  -lprojects
This is what i have tried and works for me.
pandeeswaran
dxwwq557
Participant

Post by dxwwq557 »

I have tested in my desktop , and I also checked the document, the syntax as below:

dsjob [-file <file> <domain> <server>| -domain <domain> -user <user> -password <password> -server <server>] primaryArgument otherArgument.

this is the syndax for v8.5,but v7.5 is different form this, and also I want to know what the domain means.

And see the login view in ds v8.5, the first blank is ds service tier,ie. dst02app03.dt.com:9080, I thinks this is server name, the project name is DST02APP03/mdds. some other projects are such as DST02APP02/dstage,DST02APP01/dstage.

if I use the command as below,

dsjob -domain DST02TAPP03 -user dsadm -password dsadm -server dst02app03.dt.com:9080 -lprojects
it will return the project which contain a prefix DST02TAPP03, but I want to get all the projects. so I cannot get any idea.
jatinrheen
Participant

Post by jatinrheen »

You can specify -domain NONE in case you want to specify -user and -password option.

If you are using Websphere registry for UserIDs you required domain option .

In case you are using internal registry for datastage ; you dont required domain option.

Regards
Jatinder