DataStage Client 7.5.3 will support DataStage server 7.5.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check with your official support provider but I believe any 7.5.x can talk to any 7.5.x.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kamtammystuff
Participant

Re: DataStage Client 7.5.3 will support DataStage server 7.5

Post by kamtammystuff »

Hi

1. 7.5.1 will be sufficinet to use that server but you cannot use the extra features of 7.5.3 .
2. Yes, But u here also you need to be consious while developing the jobs, You may have compiling Issues.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check with your official support provider but I believe any 7.5.x can talk to any 7.5.x.
I used to believe the same thing. 'Talk' is pretty generic and yes, they can talk but I was in the exact same situation back in the day and had... issues. When I called support, the answer I got surprised me - they are not compatible and you really need to upgrade both at the same time. And in spite of my arguing about 'minor releases' and the like they were surprisingly obstinate about the whole thing.

I don't recall the gory details, I just remember that a number of things didn't work quite right, enough so that (since the project was nearing the end of it's life cycle) we stopped any attempt to go to 7.5.3 and stuck with 7.5.1a.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers