implemented user status in PX job

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

marpadga18
Premium Member
Premium Member

implemented user status in PX job

Post by marpadga18 »

Hi All,

Requirement: I need to read the parameter from Oracle db table.
then pass the parameter to sequencer for triggering the appropriate job.

1) scenario:

ora_stage -- seq file-- -exec comand(cat file name)--nested condition (command output) -- job's this works fine but my requirement is to avoid execute command..

Then I read some of the examples in our forum...then implemented as follows.I would like to know your valuable inputs on this the design which I implemented is..

2) scenario:

1) I created 1 server job (which reads the parameter from table)--transformer(to hold the user status)-- dummy file
2) I used server routine user status
3) In sequence I am calling the server job which has the the parameter
4) Nested condition mentioned user status condition
5) then the final job
It is running fine as expected without any issues. But is it ok? if I call server job in parallel will be any issues in future because we are implementing for entire project.
Any impact on this kind of design..

Thanks for your Inputs..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sequence jobs have no issues running combinations of Server and Parallel jobs, that is their function. And I don't see any need for the Nested Condition stage (unless there is an actual 'condition' being checked in it) as $UserStatus can be passed directly between the two Job Activity stages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers