COMPILE DATASTAGE 8.0.1 JOBS USING DSCC COMMAND

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Romy
Participant

COMPILE DATASTAGE 8.0.1 JOBS USING DSCC COMMAND

Post by Romy »

I want to import the jobs using dscmdimport.exe and compile the jobs using dscc.exe through a script. My datastage server is on UNIX OS and i have the clients installed in a windows server 2003.

dscmdimport.exe option is working fine and importing the dsx (only job designs) to datastage server. After this import is completed, I am trying to compile only uncompiled jobs using dscc.exe command as below. But it is not compiling. Indivijual jobs or a particular category I am able to compile, but not all the uncompiled jobs.
D:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\dscc.exe /D %Domain% /h %Host% /u ds_user /p ds_pwd /ouc %PROJECT% /rd D:\IBM\DS_Compile_Report.txt /rt T
I am passing the host name, domain name and project name in which the jobs to be compiled as parameters.

/ouc is the option to be included if we want to compile only uncompiled jobs. But when i trigger this command it is throwing the error job not found.
Romy
Participant

Post by Romy »

have somebody used DSCC command in your projects? pls help me on this!!!
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: COMPILE DATASTAGE 8.0.1 JOBS USING DSCC COMMAND

Post by PhilHibbs »

Romy wrote:
D:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\dscc.exe /D %Domain% /h %Host% /u ds_user /p ds_pwd /ouc %PROJECT% /rd D:\IBM\DS_Compile_Report.txt /rt T
I am passing the host name, domain name and project name in which the jobs to be compiled as parameters.
I've not used dscc in v8, only v7, and I only ever compiled jobs by name. Do you need to specify "/j *" for the job name?
Last edited by PhilHibbs on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant