Need Help Datastage 8.5 Installation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vemisr
Participant

Need Help Datastage 8.5 Installation

Post by vemisr »

Hi ,

I am installing DataStage 8.5 on Red hat Linux. i need your help in installation and configuration.

would you plz help me
vemisr@yahoo.com

thx
Vemisr
BMSK
Participant

Post by BMSK »

hi

Go through the Installation and preconfiguration doucment which is coming along with software.

bmsk
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this a new installation or an upgrade from an earlier release? If the latter, you can get the (free) IBM Concierge Service to assist. Otherwise, as noted, everything you need is in the Installation and Upgrade manual for IBM Information Server, or from the Information Center on IBM website.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Petri33
Participant

Post by Petri33 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is this a new installation or an upgrade from an earlier release? If the latter, you can get the (free) IBM Concierge Service to assist. Otherwise, as noted, everything you need is in the Installati ...
As someone who has used the Concierge service to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.5, I can confirm that they are quite responsive and helpful. They are absolutely your best source for help with this (if you are upgrade that is :) ).
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I will also say that the Concierge Service is helpful, however they will not do the conversion! They are there to address questions regarding the migration or upgrade process once you've read the documentation.

So - go download the manuals in PDF format from IBM's website (link Ray posted above). They have been re-done at 8.5 and are chock-full of information on how to do install and upgrade!

Look for these specifically:
  • Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide
    Guide to Migration to IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5
    Job Migration Test Assistant (avail from Concierge Svcs)
    Known Problems When Migrating to IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020