DataStage Backup

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

DataStage Backup

Post by abhilashnair »

We have a two tier topology where DataStage Metadata repository and application Server reside on System A and engine is on System B. There is only one project on System B.

System B is being moved to a new box. The CPU, Ram and the IP will remain intact even on the new box. This movement is only because the present server is a leased one and the lease is going to get over.

I need to know what all things do I need to consider while taking a backup. We have already taken DSX exports of all the jobs inside the Project. Apart from that, is there any other stuff needing a backup..Parameters, odbc.ini, etc..? Please guide
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the Chapter in the Information Server Administration manual about backing up Information Server, which includes the metadata repository database as well as the software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.