Sequencer

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer

Post by Nagac »

Hi Friends...
I have 4 jobs. Job 1 and 3 needs to run for a daily remaining jobs should run in weekely basis.

Is it possible in sequencer ? How

If not How will i get it ?

Advanced Thanks..
Naresh
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

You might want to review the docs for Sequences to get a better handle on them, but in answer to your question, yes, it can be done.

In your Job Activity stage, on the Triggers tab you can set a Custom conditional expression. In the expression, you can specify the conditions that the next job activity will be run.

For example, say you had 4 jobs. Jobs 1 and 3 run daily, and jobs 2 and 4 run just on Friday. You could construct your sequence so that you run Job 1, then Job 3, and in the trigger for job 3 you check to see if it is Friday, and if it is, you would then run Jobs 2 and 4.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's just as easy if the order has to be 1-2-3-4. Build sub-sequences for 2 and 4 that determine if it's their day to run and only run them if it is. (You could, indeed, do this in the one sequence, with multiple paths and Sequencers.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.