How to get job status in a sequence

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

svhari76
Participant

How to get job status in a sequence

Post by svhari76 »

Hi

I have a sequence in which multiple jobs will be executed. At one point i have to execute 2 jobs based on the success of other job and if both get finished then move forward with new job execution, if any one fails, sequence has to stop.

Code: Select all

Sequence 1:

Job1 -->Cmd-->job2-->Job3---------                           /job7
                         |                  |  --  Job5--->job6
                        job4--------                          \job8

In the above example job5 has to execute only if Job3 and job4 is done.Even job3 or job 4 finished early, job 5 has to wait for other job to finish and then move forward.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Place a Sequencer into the sequence. Job3 and Job4 both feed into the Sequencer, and its output feeds into Job5. Set the Sequencer mode to "All" (all inputs must have fired before its output triggers).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That and make sure the trigger expressions coming into the Sequencer are both set to 'Finished OK'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... only if that's your requirement. If all they have to be is finished (whether with or without warnings, successfully or otherwise) use an unconditional trigger.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... was working off the "if any one fails" comment. Still, bottom line, use appropriate triggers to control the flow from each job to the Sequencer based on your requirement.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers