Problem with Email Notification Stage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dxk9
Participant

Problem with Email Notification Stage

Post by dxk9 »

Hi,

I have a sequence which in turn calls 3 other sequences.

In each of these sequences, there are :
a. 5 job activities which calls respective jobs
b. Each job activity attached to a Email notification
c. Each Email notification attached to a terminator

The problem which I face is that, if a job of any of the sequence fail, I get the mail notification.
But if I restart the sequence again, and the job aborts again, I don't get the mail notification.

So ideally I get the notification only for the 1st abort of the job and don't receive it after that.

Can you plz help me if any settings have to be changed so that I get the mail each time the jobs fails.

Regards,
Divya
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

HI,

In the sequence properties, you need to check the check box which says "Add Checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure". Then in the notification activity, you need to check the check box "Do Not Check Point Run". I think, by doing this your issue will get resolved.

Thanks
dxk9
Participant

Post by dxk9 »

Thanks for your inputs Mansoor !!

The property "Add Checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure" is not set in my sequence, but even then my sequence is restartable from the point it fails. So what is the difference between setting the property and not setting it ?

Also, I didn't find the property "Do Not Check Point Run" in my Notification Activity. I am working on Datastage 7.5.2 Server edition.

I will truely appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Divya
dxk9
Participant

Post by dxk9 »

To add on to the previous post,

I have only two tabs in my notification stage. One is 'General' which accepts the general stage name and description. The other is the 'Notification' tab, where we can feed the following details:

a. Server name
b. Sender email
c. Recepient email
d. Subject
e. Attachment
f. Email body

Also there is a check box which says 'Include job status in mail'

Regards,
Divya
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

Hi Divya,

You will get the check box "Do Not Check Point Run" only if you check the check box "Add Checkpoints so sequence is restartable on failure" in the sequence properties.

By doing this you can control the notification activity whether you have to trigger it everytime or not. Please refer to the guide for more details of check point run.

Thanks
dxk9
Participant

Post by dxk9 »

Thanks Mansoor.

Will check the options as per your advise.

Thanks,
Divya