Sequencer Activity Trigger Condition Issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bgs_vb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer Activity Trigger Condition Issue

Post by bgs_vb »

Hi
I have a requirement where three sequences can run in parallel and 4th sequencer should run only after all three sequencers ran successfully.
I am using below design for this:

Code: Select all

Job1--/--/>Sequence Activity(All)--->Job 4
     /  /
Job2/  /
      /
Job3/
Is it mandatory to put OK-Conditional trigger for all jobs(Job 1,Job 2,Job 3) input to Sequencer Activity (All) , can we use custom trigger as Job1.$JobStatus= 1 or Job1.$JobStatus= 2
Job2.$JobStatus= 1 or Job2.$JobStatus= 2
Job3.$JobStatus= 1 or Job3.$JobStatus= 2

In one of the posts in dsxchange i read that Sequencer All activity should be getting only one exit status to kickoff next jobs ,So i just got confused that if i use custom trigger there could be possibility of Job1 ,JOb2 having status 1(Finished OK) and Job3 having status 2(Finished with warning) .

Please advise how should i design trigger condition for this .
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Enclose your ASCII art in Code tags so that the spacing is preserved.

You can have whatever triggers you like. It is not mandatory to have an OK trigger.

Tip: when you do compare values of job status use the DataStage constants such as DSJS.RUNOK and DSJS.RUNWARN. If "they" ever change the underlying values in the future, you'll be protected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:Enclose your ASCII art in Code tags so that the spacing is preserved.
Like so. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers