web console user creation

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

web console user creation

Post by gsym »

i had two ID's namely "dsuser" & "dsadmin" in informationserver webconsole
(i) dsuser - with user suite permission
(ii) dsadmin - with administrator suite permission

i've deleted the "dsadmin" ID unknowingly . . .
using "dsuser" ID i couldn't create new user with administrator permission coz the "user and group" option is disabled

what can i do now to retrieve or create a ID with administrator permission ? ? :?:
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: web console user creation

Post by jwiles »

As part of a standard installation, there should have been created an IS administrator userid. Normally this user is named isadmin. Assuming that this user still exists, you should be able to recreate your dsadmin userid for DataStage.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hi

As part of installation 'dsadmin' is the administrator userid we had, and it got deleted.

Thank You
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

gsym wrote:Hi

As part of installation 'dsadmin' is the administrator userid we had, and it got deleted.

Thank You
So you're saying that dsadmin was also the only IS suite administrator account and that a separate IS suite administrator account (i.e. 'isadmin') was not also created?

The publicly available Information Centers for both IS 8.1 and IS 8.5 provide documentation on how to create a new user with admin privileges for IS.

8.1: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... /index.jsp?
'Administering'->'Setting up security'->'Administration commands and tools'->'DirectoryAdmin tool'

8.5: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... /index.jsp?
'Administering'->'Managing security'->'Administration commands and tools'->'DirectoryAdmin tool'

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
martinkirouac
Participant

Re: web console user creation

Post by martinkirouac »

Hmm, I am surprised that you've managed to delete your admin user with only one admin user in the system (ie. The only that you were using to delete itself). That is surely something that you shouldn't be allowed to do (to delete current user). I personally always use isadmin and dsadm as suite administrator just in case something like that happen.

Anyway, the only way I see you could correct that is through WAS console (<yourserver>:9061/ibm/console ) since web console is built on it. For security purpose, I bet the people from the labs would have created a console command to recreate the isadmin. But can't help much more, I am not very familiar with WAS.

I would contact the IBM support if you can. This is definitely a good question for them. Or if it's not a production system, re-install ... I know it sounds bad but something you lose so much time for an issue like this that reinstalling might be quicker and better than a "patched" system.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Keep us posted !
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are such scripts, and XML files. Your official support provider will guide you through the process. (It would be dangerous - not least legally - for us to attempt to do so lacking the complete knowledge of your system that you will provide to your support provider using the MustGather guidelines and/or IBM Support Assistant tool.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hi,

I used DirectoryAdmin tool command-line interface and created the user and asigned the admin rights and i got my problem fixed.

Thank A Lot!!!
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

Hi,

I used DirectoryAdmin tool command-line interface and created the user and asigned the admin rights and i got my problem fixed.

Thank A Lot!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just curious - under what ID did you run the DirectoryAdmin tool?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gsym
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsym »

i'm using windows xp . . it didn ask for any user id
i redirected the default path of command prompt to
"C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBServer\bin" path and the entered the path =
" DirectoryAdmin.bat -user -userid <username> -password <password> " to create a new user . .