Parameters in Sequencers

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sachinag
Participant

Parameters in Sequencers

Post by sachinag »

Hi,

In my job i have created one sequencer,what i want is if i missed out to pass the value in sequencer parameter while running it,my sequencer should not run or it should abort.

Please help me on this.

Regards,
Sachin Gupta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Some types are required and thus can't be left empty, the others need to be explicitly checked triggering a Terminator if needed. If there are many, a routine would be best, I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It is possible. If a parameter gets added after a job sequence is built then it can run the job without that parameter. If the job being run has a default value on that parameter it will use the default otherwise it should fail.

Same is true using the dsjob command. Parameters can be left out if they have defaults and the job will run fine.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the value of the parameter, simply by interrogating it, perhaps in a trigger expression that leads to a Terminator activity.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.