Cannot email to external address

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ICE
Participant

Cannot email to external address

Post by ICE »

Dear All,

DS job always give following error messages and cannot send to external emails while it can send to our internal email. I use my email id as sender email in DSJ. I can send to external email from my outlook mailbox. Is there anything I need to do in DataStage server???
This problem encountered after we upgrade our exchange server.
Is there any idea please???
Please find below for detail error msg.

Thank u,

SMTPMail Looking up server...
SMTPMail Opening connection to smtp.xxx.com.sg...
SMTPMail RCV: 220 xxxEX01.xxx.AD Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:54:44 +0800
SMTPMail RCV: 250 xxxEX01.xxx.AD Hello [192.168.0.99]
SMTPMail RCV: 250 2.1.0 Sender OK
SMTPMail RCV: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
SMTPMail Not sent to recipient xxx@g.xxx.com.sg
SMTPMail RCV: 221 2.0.0 Service closing transmission channel

Please check any paths in the following command file are correct, and if necessary adjust the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file in the project directory.

Contents of command file:
C:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dssmtpmail.exe -file sendmail_BCSendEmail57229_687_2328_file.tmp
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Cannot email to external address

Post by jwiles »

ICE wrote: This problem encountered after we upgrade our exchange server.
Is there any idea please???
SMTPMail RCV: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
SMTPMail Not sent to recipient xxx@g.xxx.com.sg
I would expect first that the security configuration of the upgraded Exchange server is more restrictive than before the upgrade and is not allowing from unknown systems.

Also, due to the upgrade, you should verify that you are now using the correct name for the SMTP server and that the name resolves to the correct IP address (all this on your DS server, not your DS client).

Ask your system admin/email admin to assist and determine if you need to change any settings to use the new Exchange system.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.