Datastage access

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vallabh_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage access

Post by vallabh_sri »

How do I change password for dsadm.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. Where is user dsadm defined (in operating system registry, in Active Directory, in custom internal registry in Information Server)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vallabh_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

hi

Post by vallabh_sri »

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. Where is user dsadm defined (in operating system registry, in Active Directory, in custom internal registry in Information Server)?
I am not sure where the user is defined.We are using 8.01 version and due to some security reason We would like to change the password for dsadm.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Until you know where dsadm is defined you can not change its password. The method is different for each.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ppgoml
Participant

Post by ppgoml »

if you create the user by the installation program, it would be a unix system account. you can issue passwd command on the unix system to change it
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unless, of course, you subsequently change how WAS security works to LDAP ! (For example.)
vallabh_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vallabh_sri »

ray.wurlod wrote:Unless, of course, you subsequently change how WAS security works to LDAP ! (For example.)
Yes dsadm was created while installing 8.0.1 on Unix.It was done by third party team. Can we change the password with the simple passwd commands.
senthilmp
Participant

Post by senthilmp »

then dsadm is the user on an Unix account, so its just like an unix account and the password can be changed as stated with the passwd command
ppgoml
Participant

Post by ppgoml »

vallabh_sri wrote: Yes dsadm was created while installing 8.0.1 on Unix.It was done by third party team. Can we change the password with the simple passwd commands.
After you change the dsadm password on unix, you probably need to update your information server credential mappings if you have a information server user mapped to this account.
vallabh_sri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vallabh_sri »

ppgoml wrote:
vallabh_sri wrote: Yes dsadm was created while installing 8.0.1 on Unix.It was done by third party team. Can we change the password with the simple passwd commands.
After you change the dsadm password on unix, you probably need to update your information server credential mappings if you have a information server user mapped to this account.
Thanks a lot.Its been done.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Done and working, I assume, so marking as Resolved.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers