Websphere and DataStage 8.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wfkurtz1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Websphere and DataStage 8.1

Post by wfkurtz1 »

Is the installation of Websphere a required prerequisite for the installation of DataStage 8.1 on HP-UX?
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
-- Thomas Jefferson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, and no. The Information Server installer will install WebSphere Application Server if your environment is 32-bit.

If your environment is 64-bit you will need to pre-install WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2 then upgrade it to 6.0.2.27 (a single fix pack) to handle the 64-bit environment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wfkurtz1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wfkurtz1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, and no. The Information Server installer will install WebSphere Application Server if your environment is 32-bit.

If your environment is 64-bit you will need to pre-install WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2 then upgrade it to 6.0.2.27 (a single fix pack) to handle the 64-bit environment.
OK thanks Ray. I think my question should have been does DataStage (i.e. Information Server) require WAS (Websphere Application Server) in order to run? I had installed the old DS 7.5.2 on Windows some years ago and it was just a product install with no other products required. But this is 8.1 on HP-UX. BTW, is the official name now Infosphere Information Server? Not DataStage any longer?

_Wayne
-- Thomas Jefferson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Information Server (of which DataStage is but one small piece) does indeed require WebSphere Application Server. The new architecture is service-oriented, and it's WAS that delivers the services: things like login/security, metadata access, metadata analysis, and so on.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wfkurtz1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wfkurtz1 »

Gotcha ... thanks.
-- Thomas Jefferson