Regarding products from contents of xml license file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Regarding products from contents of xml license file

Post by kirankumarreddydesireddy »

Hi

We have Infosphere 8.1 server edition purchased from IBM.I am new to installation on windows.Can any one let me know how to find what all products we have license from the contents of xml license file we have.

FYI
Initially I was not aware what license we had.From the contents of xml license file i.e canvas="server".I found that the license was only for server edition

In the sameway I want to know the products we have license from the contents of xml license file

Thanks
Kiran
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Re: Regarding products from contents of xml license file

I mean by the term products is "whether we had license also for information analyzer,Business Glossary" etc

Thanks
Kiran
shirishareddy
Participant

Re: Regarding products from contents of xml license file

Post by shirishareddy »

Hi,

IBM will give the complete suite(IA and Business glossary)
Shirishareddy
kirankumarreddydesireddy
Participant

Hi

Did that mean there wouldn't be any extra license particularly for products Information Analyzer,Business Glossary? and it would have come along with Infosphere 8.1 server edition we bought?

Thanks
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, the installer puts everything in place, and then you have to run a script (LicensingServerAdmin) to tell it what you're actually entitled to. The script is not available until you've installed fix pack 1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.