new install

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Etler21
Participant

new install

Post by Etler21 »

I have installed 8.1 on my AIX machine. Install just went fine but I can't create parallel jobs - Configuration and Dataset management options are greyed out in the menu.
I can create Server jobs whcih run fine but unable to create parallel job,When i click new from file menu, I just see Server job, sequence job and routine etc and only parallel job is missing..

Can anyone tell me what went wrong? I have checked the license which is valid for both Server and Parallel jobs.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did you also check the .xml licensing file to see if that includes the PX product?
From UNIX, go to $DSHOME/bin and execute the "dslictool" program without parameters to see what is installed.
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

This command says that I have license for DSPX,
Warning License is in effect.
Licensed for machine category 8.
999 CPU's licensed.
DSPX package licensed.
DSMF package licensed.
DSSRV package licensed.
No. Pid, Package Device name IP address Device sub-key
0 license seats are in use.
8 license seats are available.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is odd indeed.

Could you try to create a new project in the administrator, then use both your user-id and the administrator-id to go into that new project and see if you can create a PX job?
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

Hi

I have creted a new project as well but i am still facing the same issue,I have all the valid liscence installed.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is an odd condition indeed and I don't know what could be the cause. Do you have existing PX jobs in an import file - if yes, I would import them and see if they can be opened or compiled; in which case it might be a client-based problem. I would suggest you also contact your support provider, perhaps they will have seen this type of problem before.
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

I wonder why nobody has suggested me here that there is a liscenceadmin.sh which activate parallel canvas.

After few emails to IBM i get to know about this,My parallel job feature are working absolutely fine now.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Etler21 wrote:I wonder why nobody has suggested me here that there is a liscenceadmin.sh which activate parallel canvas.
Perhaps because it is new and not many people are aware of it? Out of the almost 300,000 posts here, yours is the first to mention it.
Last edited by chulett on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It was introduced in approximately July in version 8.1 FP 1.

However, my understanding is not that it enables parallel jobs, but is used to remove unlicensed components from an "everything is licensed" default licence file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.