Move jobs to different category

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunkumarmm
Participant

Move jobs to different category

Post by arunkumarmm »

If I need to move a set of job to a different category, In 7.5 Manager we will have a 'Move To' option. I'm not sure whether we have it in 8.1 or selecting the jobs and dragging it is the only option?
Arun
arunkumarmm
Participant

Post by arunkumarmm »

No one is replying this post... :(
Arun
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps no-one has an answer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you have access to 8.1 (I don't) can you not answer this question yourself? Are you saying that you no longer see a 'Move to' option? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no longer a Manager client in version 8.0 and later. All Manager functions are subsumed into Designer. Try some right clicks around the Repository toolbar and explore what's possible in the main menu when an object is selected in the Repository.

I suspect that Move To has gone, because the Repository structure was changed in version 8 to be completely general - you don't have to store routines under the Routines branch, for example. (You still can, of course, the change is that you no longer are obliged to do so.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.