Installing IBM Infosphere DataStage & Qualitystage

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreddy
Participant

Installing IBM Infosphere DataStage & Qualitystage

Post by sreddy »

Hi

I try to install IBM DataStage 8

It was installed IBM DataStage Qualitystage
IBM Information Analyzer
IBM DB2 COPY
IBM DB2 MetaData for Information Analyzer
WAS also.

i can log in to Web Console and Admin Console but when i try to login in to DataStage it is asking Domain name, DataStage server and project.

Any one can provide information how to resolved it. My system has C: drive only.

Installing on Windows XP Pro.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Domain name should be the host name OR IP address of the machine where you installed WebSphare Application Server in the below format.

hostname:9080

OR

123.456.789.0123:9080

assuming that 123.456.789.0123 is the said IP address.

You might have created a datastage project while installing it, use that project name.

Configure your users (using internal/external registry), once done, use the user name accordingly.I guess you need to do a lot of stuff while configuring the users/groups on your XP machine.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Once the domain name, user name and password have been entered, you will get a drop-down list of DataStage server/project combinations managed by that domain. Choose your DataStage project from that list.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.