how to envoke or start DataStage job using a perl script

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gooogle
Participant

how to envoke or start DataStage job using a perl script

Post by gooogle »

I created a job but it needs to be started only with a Perl script on a windows server. How do I do that. (Never used Perl)

Please help ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Help you learn Perl? Not really what we're all about here. Are you familiar with dsjob which is the command line interface for DataStage jobs? Start there by reading the documentation or searching here, that is what any 'script', Perl or otherwise, would need to leverage to do this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
gooogle
Participant

Post by gooogle »

I dont need the whole script but I could not find much info on how to run a dsjob using perl thats why, I posted a message.

(This is not an exam or a test that u cant help each other. This forum is to give or get help no restrictions on the degree of help !)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:roll:

We're here to help people solve DataStage problems and I gave you what you needed to know to get started. We are not here to teach people Perl, there are plenty of other websites out there dedicated to that. As I wrote, the things you need to do to run DataStage jobs from the command line - regardless of what you write the wrapper in - center around the dsjob command which is well documented both in the pdfs that ship with the product and here as well. One such ksh example:

viewtopic.php?p=331042

Many others topics exist, you may even be able to find a Perl example, no idea as I've never looked for one. Do an exact search for dsjob and patiently search through the results. Or wait and see if someone is willing to post one for you... I've got no such thing in my toolbox to offer.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: how to envoke or start DataStage job using a perl script

Post by ray.wurlod »

gooogle wrote:I created a job but it needs to be started only with a Perl script on a windows server.
Why?
gooogle wrote:Please help.
Resist stupid requirements!!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.