Error while running RunImportStart.sh script

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error while running RunImportStart.sh script

Post by vam »

Running into the following error while running the RunImport.sh Script.

6/30/10 12:22:19 PM PDT INFO(501): Processing file "../conf/etc/XmlFiles/P_DATATYPE_VALIDATE_8NODEETL10756.xml".
6/30/10 12:22:19 PM PDT INFO(309): Exception occurred while executing user-defined action "cmd /C del ../conf/etc/XmlFiles/P_DATATYPE_VALIDATE_8NODEETL10756.xml". cmd: not found
6/30/10 12:22:19 PM PDT INFO(1103): Processed 0 objects, created 0 objects, cache hits 0.
6/30/10 12:22:19 PM PDT INFO(503): Completed processing of all file(s) successfully.

Any input would be helpful..
Vam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hard to say from that message but the "not found" part means you have a PATH issue which typically means you have not sourced your dsenv file to prepare your environment. Try:

Code: Select all

cd $DSHOME
. ./dsenv
And then run the script. Note that the first four characters are dot-space-dot-slash.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

Still running into the same issue after sourcing dsenv..

6/30/10 1:39:38 PM PDT INFO(309): Exception occurred while executing user-defined action "cmd /C del ../conf/etc/XmlFiles/P_DATATYPE_VALIDATE_8NODEETL10756.xml". cmd: not found
6/30/10 1:39:38 PM PDT INFO(1103): Processed 0 objects, created 0 objects, cache hits 0.
6/30/10 1:39:38 PM PDT INFO(503): Completed processing of all file(s) successfully.
Vam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no way to check anything, so unless someone else can verify this for you, you'd need to do a couple of things.

1. Find out where this "cmd" lives.
2. Add it's home directory to the PATH environment variable in the dsenv file.

Unless this is something you set up? It does say it is a "user defined action" after all... perhaps you meant a straight "rm" rather than "cmd /C del" which sounds awfully Windows like. :?
-craig

vam
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vam »

I am able to succesfully run it now ..The issue was due to a path in the script...Also Once I run the script I am getting the following message in the log file(runimport.log) under /opt/ETL/InformationServer/IIS/ASBNode/conf..

6/30/10 2:24:42 PM PDT INFO(1103): Processed 0 objects, created 0 objects, cache hits 0.
6/30/10 2:24:42 PM PDT INFO(503): Completed processing of all file(s) successfully.

Does it mean it imported all the xmls to the repository?

This is the sequence I followed...
Enabling operational metadata at the project level
Run the Job
Run the RunImportStart.sh script
Run the Automated Services in Metadat workbench
Run the Runtime Binding Service
Then I was trying to see the Job operational run

I am still not getting ifo for the job...(the job finished fine in ds)
Am I missing anything here...
Thanks
Vam
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It looks like it successfully processed a whole lot of nothing to me. :wink:

Having never used this particular tool, I'll leave it to others to provide any continuing help.
-craig