.isx format in Datastage export

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

probal
Participant

.isx format in Datastage export

Post by probal »

Hi
I'm trying to export certain jobs from datastage using istool command.I'd like to know if .isx must be used in the file extension while using istool command?

Even it is not so can anyone share light on how to import from a .isx format to the datastage
Probal
antonyraj.deva
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by antonyraj.deva »

Hi Probal,

As far as I know the three types of export formats are dsx, dsx 7-bit & XML.
TONY
ETL Manager
Infotrellis India

"Do what you can, with what you have, from where you are and to the best of your abilities."
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The 8.x release added the format mentioned in the first post. Some good meaty information from Andy here on the new tool:

viewtopic.php?t=128126
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
probal
Participant

Post by probal »

@chulett Thank you.
Just want to add a few things as the topic you have pointed is resolved. someone pointed out earlier that if the password contains '$' a backslash needs to be infront of it.

I don't think it is needed.I'm using a password that contains a '$' and without the '/' it is working fine for me.

and I guess if I am using istool utility to export assets I must use the istool utility to import those.
Probal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

probal wrote:I guess if I am using istool utility to export assets I must use the istool utility to import those.
Yes.
-craig

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

use your favorite PC compression program to unpack the .isx file - you will be surprised at the result.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK... forgot the older conversation we had on this topic. So, is the consensus that after you uncompress the .isx file you can rename it to a have a .dsx extension and then use the Designer to import the file?
-craig

probal
Participant

Post by probal »

@ chulett @arndW I have successfully created the exported.isx file in the server and place yhe file in my local folder usinfg ftp.
Then when i'm trying to extract that using 7zip it gives me error saying that "can't open file <filename> as archive.
Probal
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think I've used WinZip to uncompress the file, and just tested with my local compression tool at work, WinRAR. The single element files in the .isx file are in XML format and I haven't tried to import them but if you decide to give it a go please post your results to this thread so that others might benefit. My point was merely that the .isx file is actually an archive and it contains its own control structure information.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, but the conversation is specifically around the compatability of that XML format with the other import methods to see if using istool to get it back in is one's only option.

Hopefully someone can test and verify this.
-craig

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by zulfi123786 »

The isx taken from V8.5 has two files
<Jobname>.pjb
Is_manifesh.mf

The pjb file has job information in XML format, tried importing the extracted pjb file but it failed to read the pjb export.
- Zulfi