Warning while populating into target table

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nagarjuna900
Participant

Warning while populating into target table

Post by nagarjuna900 »

HI,

am getting two input fields Date and Time in Varchar. I have converted into Timestamp format. While loading into the target table the values are populating into the table and am getting the below warning for all rows.

Order_History_Stg,0: Warning: At row 128574, link "lnk_staging", while processing column "rb_OrderCloseExpireDateTimeGlobal"
Value treated as NULL
Attempt to convert String value "" to Timestamp type unsuccessful

How to resolve the above warning.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure that the string that you construct satisfies the format specified in your timestamp format string (default value can be viewed on Parallel tab in Administrator client) or provide a non-default format string in your StringToTimestamp() function.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nagarjuna900
Participant

Post by nagarjuna900 »

all the values are inserting into target table with exact values. if any null values exist that are inserting as NUll.
values are inserting with exact values.
Also warning is comming in log.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the error message. Then know that "" is NOT the same as null. Fix that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.