DS Disconnection Issue

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

DS Disconnection Issue

Post by Bostonian »

Hi,
We have many servers on which IS(7.5.1, 8.0.1 and 8.1.1) has been installed. The problem is that we have been seeing some disconnection errors in all these servers and are not able to figure out why. The errors basically says

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=38);check DataStage is set up correctly in project ---. (The connection is broken(81002))

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=36);check DataStage is set up correctly in project ---. (The connection is broken(81002))

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR.ADMIN (Action=7);check DataStage is set up correctly in project ---. (The connection is broken(81002))

All the servers have been set for 'Do Not Timeout'. This typically happens when we are closing a Director or Designer. This also happens often while open a stage's properties on designer. And that point of time if I haven't saved any changes then they are lost.

At the same time if I am logged into to same UNIX server thru putty with same user ID then my connection is intact over there. I have discussed this issue with our office network admins(in case there is some switch/router settings on network server) and also with IBM support but none of them are able to figure out any reasons on this.

I have searched this forum but was not able to see any valuable solutions. Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Web Console for Information Server to manage the sessions (versions 8.x only) - are the disconnected sessions still recorded as present there?

What else might be happening on your network to interrupt connections?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bostonian »

I couldn't check the web console after this issue. But I will check it next time. From network side, I don't think there is any disconnect. If there would have been any then the connection on Putty would have been terminated as well at the same time.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe, but maybe not. If you services and engine tiers are on separate machines, and the disconnection occurred between client and services tier and PuTTY were connected to the engine tier, then PuTTY would be unaffected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bostonian »

I am pretty sure that both the tiers are on same machine but it is good to confirm it. Is there a way to know to know by myself if they are on same servers or not?
Also, I don't see any disconnected sessions in the Web Console. All we have are the active sessions.
wahil
Participant

Post by wahil »

bostonian,

We have the same error, with exactly signals that you have. Can you teel us how this error was fixed?

Thanks
Bostonian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Bostonian »

In my case, we got this error because of a parameter(tcp_keepidle) set on AIX server. If you are also on AIX, then ask your UNIX admin to provide you the value of this parameter. If it is too low then you can increase it. I would prefer you keep it between 2-3 hrs.