Supported MQ version by DS 7.5.3 MQ stage?

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Supported MQ version by DS 7.5.3 MQ stage?

Post by MT »

Hi,

the MQ guys upgraded the MQ version installed on our AIX server from version 6 to version 7.
We are experiencing following connection errors:

Code: Select all

Failed to connect to queue manager.  Reason code 2102.
Any ideas?
Has anyone a running system with DS 7.5.3. and MQ 7?

Thanks in advance
Michael
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hmm. That's a new one. MQ sites say that it has something to do with a parameter called EXTSH (or similar). Haven't seen it, but a few of the MQ sites I was browsing seem to imply that it existed in prior releases....did they make any changes to the queue manager configuration?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
MT
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MT »

eostic wrote:Hmm. That's a new one. MQ sites say that it has something to do with a parameter called EXTSH (or similar). Haven't seen it, but a few of the MQ sites I was browsing seem to imply that it existed in prior releases....did they make any changes to the queue manager configuration?

Ernie
Hi Ernie,

well through further investigations I found out that it could be a result of changing the LDR_CNTRL (which was done by IBM support) as well.
I have no idea why there is a lack of ressources when we increase the memory for DS but this could be the reason for the problem as well.

Has anyone ever used DS 7.5.3 with MQ 7 successfully in a server job?

thanks

kind regards